Written by Malone Walker and published on https://www.bestpickreports.com/
There are several things you should understand about tree removal. You can check out our guide here to learn more about how to remove a tree from your yard.
While by name removing a tree may sound like a simple task, figuring out how to remove a tree requires a great deal of planning and a great deal of work. Much of this work is to ensure that no injuries happen and that you can clear the area in a safe manner.
Time to fell a tree in a quick and safe manner!
Your Complete Guide to Tree Removal
They’re everywhere, they’re beautiful—but sometimes they’ve got to go. If you’ve got a troublesome tree, or a tree you just want gone, this guide will help you navigate the tree removal process.
Is Tree Removal Necessary?
First, you need to determine whether the tree in question needs to be removed. If your tree removal desires are not aesthetic in nature, there are several situations that call for tree removal.
- Is the tree dead, damaged, or sickly? These trees can be very dangerous to you and your home.
- Is the area overcrowded? Maybe you’re looking to clear a space in your backyard or are planning a construction project.
- Is it too close to your home or other structures? Another good reason for tree removal is its proximity to your home or other related structures.
- Is the tree leaning? In this situation, you should definitely have a certified arborist come out to assess the situation. There may be an issue with the root system, and the tree may be in danger of falling.
- Is there a fallen tree? In most cases, it’s best to remove a fallen tree, especially if it has fallen onto other trees. If it has fallen between property lines, figure out who’s responsible for its removal.
DIY or Not?
Generally speaking, tree removal can be dangerous, and more often than not, it’s a task best left to the professionals. Before deciding to take on a DIY tree removal project, consider the following:
- How tall is the tree? If it’s taller than your home or garage and you’re working with limited space, it’s probably best to call someone with experience.
- Are there nearby hazards or obstacles? If the tree is close to your home, garage, power lines, or neighbor’s house, it may not be worth the risk.
- Do you have the necessary equipment? If you need to haul it away, do you have the means to do so? Do you have a chainsaw or a wedge?
Understanding the Tree Removal Process
The characteristics that designate a tree as a good or bad DIY project also factor into the cost of tree removal. The size, type, condition, diameter, and location of the tree will determine how much its removal will cost. Before choosing a company, make sure you know what’s included in the quote.
Included. Depending on the company, tree removal often includes reducing the tree to a stump, hauling away the branches, and cutting the trunk down to smaller pieces.
Not Included. Stump grinding, branch chipping, branch hauling, trunk hauling, and splitting can add additional costs.
When you use a tree service company, you’re paying for skill, expertise, speed, and safety.
Original post here https://www.bestpickreports.com/blog/post/your-complete-guide-to-tree-removal/.