Written by Admin and published on https://www.protreeservice.com/.
Trees produce oxygen, intercept airborne particulates, and reduce smog, enhancing a community’s respiratory health. The urban canopy directly contributes to meeting a city’s regulatory clean air requirements.
Access to trees, green spaces, and parks promotes greater physical activity, and reduces stress, while improving the quality of life in our cities and towns.
The Top Benefits of Trees in Your Yard and Neighborhood
We may not always realize it, but there are a number of benefits that come with having trees in your yard and neighborhood. Below you will find our top 10.
- Trees combat climate change – Trees have the unique ability to absorb carbon dioxide, allowing them to remove and store the carbon while releasing the oxygen back into the air. Over the course of one year, an acre of mature trees absorbs the amount of carbon dioxide produced when you drive your care 26,000 miles.
- Trees have energy-conserving qualities – If you were to strategically plant three trees around your home, you can cut summer air conditioning needs by up to 50 percent. Reducing the energy demand for cooling our homes can, in turn, reduce carbon dioxide and other pollution emissions from power plants.
- Trees save water – Shade created from trees slows water evaporation from your lawn. Keep in mind that the older trees get, the more of an increase in atmospheric moisture.
- Trees aid in the prevention of water pollution – Trees limit runoff by breaking rainfall, which allows the water to flow down the trunk and into the earth below the tree. As a result, stormwater is prevented from carrying pollutants to the ocean.
- Trees can serve as therapeutic – It’s been shown that patients with views of trees and the outdoors heal faster. To take it a step further, being around trees and nature helps concentration by reducing mental fatigue.
- Trees can help reduce violence – In general, neighborhoods and homes without trees and bushes have a greater incidence of violence than those with them. Even the simplest of landscaping can deter potential violence.
- Trees play a role in economic advancement – Take a moment to think about all the things that trees can provide for the economy. Trees provide food, as well as opportunities for “green” jobs such as green waste management and landscaping.
- Trees can block eyesores – It’s possible that a certain direction of your home or business has an unsightly view. There’s no better way to spruce up that view than with a tree. Not to mention, trees muffle sound from nearby streets and freeways, as well as create an attractive canopy of green. Plus, trees absorb dust and wind, and even reduce glare.
- Trees increase property values – This topic will be discussed in a later post, but adding trees can be a huge selling point for potential buyers. A well-landscaped neighborhood can see its property values rise by as much as 15 percent.
- Trees can add to business traffic – Studies show that a tree-lined street with attractive landscaping will bring in more business.
Keep Your Trees Healthy and Beautiful with Pro Tree
Here at Pro Tree Service, our team is committed to keeping your trees looking great throughout their lifetime. We offer a number of services, including tree removal, stump removal, trimming and pruning, to name a few.
The experts at our tree company have been serving Chicago and other suburbs since 1989, so you can feel confident that you’ll be getting the highest quality of tree care. Call us today for a free estimate.
Original post https://www.protreeservice.com/tree-service-burbank/the-top-benefits-of-trees-in-your-yard-and-neighborhood/.